NIH Releases FY2013 Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards
May 8, 2013
Today, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) released its Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 Fiscal Policy for Grant Awards, following up on the early May release of its spending plan pursuant to the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2013 [P.L. 113-6]. The following NIH policies apply (click into link for detailed description):
- FY2013 funding level for non-competing continuation awards likely lower than committed levels. Commitments for FY2014 and future years unchanged.
- Average size of competing awards constant at FY2012 levels; likely fewer competing awards in FY2013.
- Inflationary increases for future year commitments discontinued for all competing research grant awards issued in FY2013.
- New investigators still supported in accordance with NIH policy.
- Salary limits (Executive Level II) on grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts continued in FY2013 (reduced to EL II from EL 1 in FY2012).